How to Run a Report
Some SORS reports, such as the Codes & Units reports, display automatically when selected from the left sidebar or the SORS Report Catalog.
All other SORS reports can be run with these simple steps:
- Select a report from the left sidebar.
In Search Parameters, select the information you
wish to report on. You may encounter one of these special icons:
- The Multi icon means that you may select two or more items to report on, without having to report on all items. You can do this by clicking the icon, making your selections in the popup window, and clicking OK.
- The Refresh icon means that you must refresh a dropdown list manually, based on selections you made on other dropdown lists. You can do this by clicking the icon. The page will re-load.
Click one of the three buttons at the bottom:
- Web Report... to display the report directly in your browser,
- PDF Report... to save or open a printer-friendly PDF file, or
- CSV Report... to save or open a spreadsheet-friendly text file.
How to Correct Input
If SORS needs more information to run the report, the Search Parameters form will be redisplayed with a list of messages. Follow the messages to provide complete Search Parameters, then click one of the Report buttons again.
How to Re-Run a Report
After you run a report, you may change the Search Parameters and run it again.
- Click the Search Again button, and your original input will be displayed above the report.
- Edit the Search Parameters form, then click one of the Report buttons again.
- Or if you change your mind, you can click Hide to continue viewing the report as is.
How to Print a Report
PDF Recommended for Printing
PDF files are recommended for printing. They can be viewed and printed free with Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Run the report.
- Click the PDF button to export the report to PDF format.
- Open the PDF report in Adobe Acrobat.
- In Adobe Acrobat, press the Print icon on the top toolbar. Or select File > Print... from the top menu bar.
- In the Adobe Print dialog, check Auto-Rotate and Center. If you have legal-size paper, you might also check Choose Paper Source by PDF page size.
- Click OK.
- You may also wish to save the PDF file for printing or viewing later.